The Motion Graphics templates of Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro speed up the workflow for video editors because it is highly customizable.
You need to install a trial version of After Effects to use Motion Graphics templates in Premiere Pro’s Essential Graphics panel. Your Motion Graphics templates will still be usable even after the trial period for After Effects expires.
Creating a Motion Graphics templates in After Effects Essential Graphics
1. Right click on a composition you want to convert to Motion Graphics and choose “Open Essential Graphics panel.” You will see a new workspace for Essential Graphics.
2. Click on “Solo Supported Properties” and reveal parameters in the timeline.
- Some properties are not supported, such as scale & position. Possible workaround involves using effect controls such as “Slider Control”, “Color Control”, etc.
3. Click and drag the properties into the Essential Graphics panel. You can also add comments to give instructions.
4. Click “Export Motion Graphics Template” to export the Essential Graphics template.
5. Share it with others via CC Library or install it in the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro as a Motion Graphics template (.mogrt).
Learn more from Adobe’s article: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/creating-motion-graphics-templates.html
Categories suitable for creation of Motion Graphics templates
We recommend that you create the following categories as they are what video editors look for in Motion Graphics templates.
- Text animation presets
- Lower-thirds with embedded graphics
- Title cards with embedded graphics
- Icon animations
On the contrary, these are the categories not suitable for creation of Motion Graphics
- Image/video placeholders
- Logo reveals
Compositions or templates with a lot of precomps, since preview is typically slow and rendering in Premiere Pro and precomp expression controls from Master Composition are buggy.
Tips for uploading of Motion Graphics templates on MotionElements
- Avoid editable precomps as much as possible
- Additional slider controls should be provided for scale and position offset, with expressions of each property linked to it
- Provide comments as much as possible to users, especially since they may not be familiar with After Effects
- Upload the source file so that we can troubleshoot for support issues. Source files will not be provided to users
- Use fonts from Adobe Typekit or Google Fonts
- Allow controls for opacity, letter tracking and color
- Color controls should be provided for items that can change color