Kavita Singh Kale is a director/partner of a small design studio called Underground Worm in Mumbai. Her work is guided by intuition and imagination and as a film maker, an artist and an illustrator; she draws inspiration from a constant documentation of her memories in several sketchbooks. She completed her post graduation in Animation Film Design from National Institute of Design and BFA painting from Delhi University. Her work has been screened in many film festivals and also won awards.
– Two films were screened at Annecy International Animated Film Festival’08, France
– Anifest’08, India
– Siggraph Asia- India Focus’08, Singapore
– Two BDA Promax world awards’2006-07, New York, USA
– Silver Conch Award (International Section) at Mumbai International Film Festival’06, India
– Award for excellence- 1st Prize by IDPA, India
– 6th Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival, New York, USA
– 14th Golden Elephant International Children Film Festival’05, India
– Nova Cinema-India Focus’05, Belgium
Kavita’s work ” Happy Dusshera” will be screened at SIGGRAPH Asia 2008’s “Computer Animation Festival: Invited Screenings – India Focus” on 12 December 2008.