Santosh D. Kale started his career as an illustrator, graphic and interactive designer after earning his BFA and MFA in Applied Art from Mysore University and Bangalore University respectively. His quest to further explore digital arts brought him to Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, where he joined the Masters program in Computer Art department. After graduating he worked with various studios, first in USA, then in India, on short films, advertisements, projects for TV channels and game cinematics. He now has his own studio- Underground Worm, that focuses on exploration of ideas/self expression/ storytelling using technology, styles/ treatment, techniques with different media for various commercial and non commercial projects. He collaborates most of his projects with Kavita Singh Kale, a fellow designer and film maker.
Santosh’s films have been selected for the following film festivals:-
- Siggraph Asia-India Focus’08, Singapore
- Anifest’08, India
- Annecy International Film Festival’08, France
- Annecy International Film Festival-India Focus’08, France
- ANIMA’08, Belgium
- Melbourne International Animation Festival’08, Australia
- Annecy International Film Festival’07, France
- Won AMS Animation Award in CMS Vatawaran Film Festival’07, India
- 9th Wiesbaden International Weekend of Animation’07, Germany
Santosh’s film “Killing the Fittest” will be screened at SIGGRAPH Asia 2008’s ” Computer Animation Festival: Invited Screenings – India Focus” on 12 December 2008.
Find out more about Santosh at www.undergroundworm.tv